Maine, United States Genealogy
United States Maine
|Maine Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Maine became the twenty-third state admitted to the United States on Mar 15, 1820. Maine was created from Massachusetts (District of Maine) and is located in the northeast region of the United States. The State of Maine has 16 counties. The State Capital is Augusta. 
Getting Started with Maine Research
Links to articles on getting started with Maine research.
Maine Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Maine research.
Maine Clickable Map
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Maine Migration Routes
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- 2001-2014 - Currentobituary.com index, 2001-2014 at FamilySearch — index
- Cyndi's List - Maine genealogy sites on the internet
- Maine Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Maine
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Maine
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Maine genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Maine
- Maine Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- Every Name Index
- Wikipedia contributors, "Maine" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maine (accessed 15 March 2016).
- Wikipedia contributors, "List of US States by Date of Admission," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_date_of_admission_to_the_Union, accessed 09/18/2016.