Makakilo Hawaii Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location and Map:
- 92-900 Makakilo Dr Kapolei HI 96707 United States
- Tuesday: 9:00am-12:00pm and 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am-12:00pm and 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am-12:00pm and 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Saturday: By appointment only and upon availability of staff. Leave a message on FHC phone for time & date of appointment.
Holiday Schedule: All Federal Holidays Closed. The center will be closed from Tuesday, November 22 to Thursday November 24.
Closed last 2 weeks of December and 1st week in January. Closed 1st weekend in April & October for General Conference. The Family History Center is staffed by volunteers. The center's hours may be subject to change without notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events:Staff Training Meetings: Staff training on the first Tuesdays of the month from 6:30pm to 8:00pm in the family history center.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- We offer our patrons the use of our computers, microfilm/microfiche readers, and printers for genealogical research.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Papakilodatabase.com, ulukau.org, health.hawaii.gov/vitalrecords/