Mariaville (also known as Bingham) was first organized from parts of Township Number 14 and Number 20 Middle Division, Bingham's Penobscot Purchase (T14 & T20 MD BPP) as a plantation in 1823. In 1825 Mariaville annexed land from Plantation No. 14 (Mariaville South, now Waltham), but set off that land again returning it in 1829. In 1836 Mariaville Plantation was incorporated as a town. In 1850 the town of Mariaville set off land to form the town of Tilden, but reannexed that land in 1852.
Mark E. Honey, Mariaville: a History of Wm. Bingham's Settlement on the Union River, Townships 14 & 20, Hancock County, Maine; with a Geneology [sic] of Her Families ([S.l. : s.n., 1986?]) At various libraries (WorldCat).
Libraries and Historical Societies
- individual_place_record.asp?place=mariaville Mariaville, Hancock County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 15 September 2013).