Marlboro Township, New Jersey
Geographic location: Google
17 February 1848: Set off from Freehold Township, by the Act of New Jersey Legislature.
Named for the prevalence of the marl which was first discovered in the area in 1768. The township's name was oroginally Marlborough. The marlis used primarily as a fertilizer.
Morganville is a census-designated place and an unincorporated area within the township.
Hamlets and villages: Robertsville, Wickatunk, Bradevelt, Topanemus, and Pleasant Valley with the center being the Marlboro Village.
1979 Township Drive
Marlboro, NJ 07746