Marshfield Wisconsin Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Center Resources
- 5 Learning Center
- 6 Center Services
- 7 Resources in the Local Area
- 8 Links
- 9 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map : Location Map
Address: 2207 W 5th St Marshfield WI 54449
- Language: English
- 715-207-9158 Director ~ Krystal
- Tuesdays: 1:00PM - 4:00 PM: April 7-14- 21-28
- Tuesday: 1:00PM - 6:00PM April 21
- Wednesdays: 5:30PM - 8:30PM
- 2nd and 4th Sunday: 1:15 pm - 4:00 pm
April 12, 26
- Open other times/days by appointment: 715-207-9158
- Holiday Schedule:
Closed all major holidays. May be closed due to inclement weather. Call before coming: 715-384-4559
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
- German records on microfilm
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Other software links:
Hardware and Equipment
- 3 Computers, 1 Microfilm reader, Scanner for uploading photos to Family Search, 1 Printer
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Wisconsin Family Search Wiki - Wisconsin
Volunteer at the Center
We welcome volunteers from the community to help serve in the Family History Center. It's a great way to help others and to learn by doing. You need not be an expert. Ability to use a computer and willingness to become familiar with the FamilySearch website and resources are key. Please contact Krystal at 715-207-9158 if interested.