Maryland, United States Genealogy
United States Maryland
|Maryland Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Maryland ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Maryland became the seventh state admitted to the United States on April 28, 1788. Maryland was created from the province of Maryland and is located in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States. Twenty-three counties and Baltimore City considered a county so twenty-four counties. The Capital is Annapolis. 
Getting Started with Maryland Research
Links to articles on getting started with Maryland research.
Maryland Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Maryland research.
Maryland Clickable Map
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Maryland Migration Routes
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- Cyndi's List - Maryland genealogy sites on the internet
- Maryland Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Maryland
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Maryland
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Maryland genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Maryland
- Maryland Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- Every Name Index
- Wikipedia contributors, "Maryland " in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryland (accessed 15 March 2016).
- Wikipedia contributors, "List of US States by Date of Admission," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_date_of_admission_to_the_Union, accessed 09/18/2016.