McCall Idaho Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Like and Follow our Facebook page
Center Contacts and Hours
- 400 Elo Rd McCall Idaho 83638-5118 United States
- Wednesdays: 1:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- And by appointment
We want to help you research. To make an appointment for other times, please text or call the director in advance at 1-208-469-0151.
Holiday Schedule/ Upcoming Closures:
Closed All Major and Federal US Holidays as well as:
Closed - February 5-12 for staff to attend RootsTech Genealogy Conference
Calendar and Events
Scan-a-thon - Bring your pictures, a new flash drive, for storage, and we will help digitize them
(Date to be determined)
Family History Fair and Discovery Day -
Attend live presentations with regional genealogy experts.
This once a year, FREE event includes a light lunch.
Saturday, September 23, 2017
10 am - 2 pm
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page. At the center, patrons will have free access to use and explore over 15 premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 5 Computers
- 1 Lexmark Printer (To scan pictures and documents directly to FamilyTree)
- Microfilm reader
- Microfiche reader
- Discovery Area with FREE Children's and Family Activities including games, dress up clothes, books, and other engaging, multi-sensory learning activities
- Personalized one on one coaching to overcome your researching roadblocks, get started building your family tree or make it more complete
Staff Research Specialties
Our staff of 12 includes volunteer researchers with expertise in a variety of areas including but not limited to:
- Valley County and regional Idaho history and families
- African American Genealogy research
- Midwest US history and research
- Digital photo restoration
- Digital genealogy research
- Using social media for genealogy research
- Involving children in family history research
- Indexing records
- LDS Pioneer research
- Western European research
- Eastern European research
We also have volunteers, by appointment only who are fluent in German, Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin Chinese, and Korean.
Additional Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Center
We are currently seeking volunteers willing to teach classes, help patrons in the center, or who are fluent in languages other than English.