McClanahan's Company, Virginia Horse Artillery
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Organized in February 1863, and for a time served with the 62nd Regiment Mounted Rifles.
- The unit served under General Imboden's command, was active in northwestern Virginia, and took part in the Gettysburg Campaign. However, it was not engaged in the battle.
- Later it participated in Early's operations in the Shenandoah Valley and disbanded during the spring of 1865.
- This company totaled 142 effectives in June, 1863, and 104 in February, 1864.
- Captains were George W. Imboden and John H. McClanahan.
- also called Staunton Artillery