Meeteetse Wyoming Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Welcome to the Meeteetse Wyoming Family History Center website.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Meeteetse Museums
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1716 Hays Ave, Meeteetse, WY 82433 United States
- Wednesday: 6:00pm-9:00pm
- By appointment, call 1-307-760-2110
Closed all major holidays:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- The center has computers, a scanner, and a printer / copier / scanner for patron use.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Below is the short summary of the genealogical and other research resources available at the Meeteetse Museums:
· Vertical File This resource consists of individual files on people, families, businesses, and organizations associated with Meeteetse or the Meeteetse area. Most of the information is copied from newspapers, but may also contain copies of additional documents. Access: as in any archive, the staff will “pull” files for any researcher and will make photocopies, if requested to do so.
· Archives This collection includes books and other paper materials that focus on Meeteetse area people, businesses, and organizations. The holdings include Meeteetse School yearbooks. Access: These materials are non-circulating and may be accessed by staff only after a request is made.
· Photograph Collection The museum’s photograph collection consists of images from the 1890s through the middle twentieth century. The images are of Meeteetse area people, businesses, places, and events. Access: The images are not yet accessible to the public online or in person; however, the staff will try to locate an image once a request is made. These images cannot be reproduced without the written consent of the Meeteetse Museums or the holder of the copyright.
· Oral Histories Collection The Meeteetse Museums possess a limited number of oral histories from people associated with Meeteetse. Access: These are not yet online; however, researchers may request a hard copy.
Research inquiries are by appointment only due to limited staff. Please call 307-868-2423 for specific requests or to make an appointment. One may also email email@example.com.
You may want to visit their website: www.meeteetsemuseums.org
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)