Meliden, Denbighshire Genealogy
"MELIDEN, a parish in the hundred or Prestatyn, county of Flint, 5 miles (N.by E.) from St. Asaph, containing 720 inhabitants. This parshi, which is supposed to derive its name from the dedication of its church, is situated at the north-westen extremity of the county, and on the shore of the Irish sea.... The church, dedicated to St. Melid, is not remarkable for any peculiarity of architectural detail. ... In the hamlet of Prestatyn, in this parish, are some vestiges of an ancient castle, called Plas Prestatyn." [A Topographical Dictionary of Wales, 1833, Samuel Lewis]
For more information on Meliden see: Genuki - Meliden
|before 31 March 1974||Flintshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Clwyd|
|from 1 April 1996||Denbighshire|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464324.