Meridian Mississippi Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Meridian Family History Center serves the city of Meridian and all of Lauderdale County. Any guests are welcome to come and link their families together.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Bounds Road Extention Meridian MS 39307 United States
- The Family History Center is located in the Ward building in the main hall. *Visitors can enter through the Northeast door.
- The room is on the left side of the hall.
- To make an appointment for other times, please contact the director in advance at (1-601-483-7426.)
Closed all federal holidays:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- Two computers are available with Internet connection. We have two microfiche and one microfilm reader available to visitors.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)