Mexico, Tabasco, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Mexico, Tabasco, Catholic Church Records, 1803-1970 .
Title in the Language of the Records
Registros Paroquiales de la Iglesia Católica del Estado de Tabasco, México
What is in the Collection?
This collection of church records for the State of Tabasco covers the years 1803 to 1970. These records are written in Spanish.
For additional details about the history of these records and help using them, see the wiki article Mexico Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records).
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Mexico, Tabasco, Catholic Church Records, 1803-1970.|
Baptism or confirmation records may contain the following:
- Date and place of baptism or confirmation
- Child's name and gender
- Child's date and place of birth
- Parents' names
- Paternal and maternal grandparents
- Before 1820, social class of the parents
Marriage records may contain the following:
- Date and place of marriage
- Names of the bride and groom
- Groom's date and place of birth
- Groom's baptismal date and place
- Groom's confirmation date and place
- Names of the groom's parents
- Bride's date and place of birth
- Bride's baptismal date and place
- Bride's confirmation date and place
- Names of bride's parents
- Names of the witnesses
Death records may contain the following:
- Name of deceased
- Age and origin of deceased
- Date and place of death
- Cause of death
- Spouse's name, if married
- Sometimes, burial information
How Do I Search the Collection?
To browse the collection by image:
⇒ Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒ Select the "City or Town" category
⇒ Select the "Parish" category
⇒ Select the "Record Type and Years" category which takes you to the images.
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Spanish. For help reading the records, see the following resources:
- Mexico Language and Languages
- Spanish Genealogical Word List
- BYU Spanish Script Tutorial
- FamilySearch Learning Center videos:
|FHL Place Mexico, Tabasco items or FHL Keyword Mexico, Tabasco items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Mexico Archives and Libraries.|
Related Wiki Articles
- Mexico Church Records
- Mexico Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
How You Can Contribute
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing this Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- "Mexico, Tabasco, Catholic Church Records, 1803-1970" Database with Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2016. Parroquias Católicas, Tabasco (Catholic Church parishes, Tabasco).
Record Citation (or citation for the index entry):
|The citation for a record is available with each record in this collection, at the bottom of the record screen. You can search records in this collection by visiting the search page for Mexico, Tabasco, Catholic Church Records, 1803-1970.|
|The image citation is available by clicking on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Mexico, Tabasco, Catholic Church Records, 1803-1970.|