|Mexico Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Mexico ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Getting Started with Mexico Research
Links to articles on getting started with Mexico research.
Mexico Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Mexico research.
- For states numbered 1-7, click on their names in the legend. The map area for those states is too small to access accurately. Notice also that Sonora is spelled Sonara and Oaxaca is spelled Oasaca.
More Mexico Research Strategies
Research strategies give guidance on how to research or what records to search for first. Below are additional research strategy Wiki articles for Mexico.
- "How to" Guides
- Family History Research Outline - contains many out-of-date links
- See the tutorials in FamilySearch.org pertaining to Latin American research.
- Spanish Script Tutorial
More Mexico Research Tools
Research tools can include resources that assist in locating correct records to search and determining the correct locality to search in. Below are links and Wiki articles to research tools in Mexico.
- BYU Spanish Script Tutorial
- Reading Spanish Handwritten Records, Lesson 1
- Reading Spanish Handwritten Records, Lesson 2
- Reading Spanish Handwritten Records, Lesson 3
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Mexico Historical Record Collections
- Family History Center locator map
- Wikipedia contributors, "Mexico," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico, accessed 24 March 2016.