Midland Michigan Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1700 W Sugnet St Midland MI 48640-2658 United States
Closed all major holidays: We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness: Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Vital records collection for the state of Michigan filed by county
- We have a large number of various microfich cataloged by country and US states. The index allows an easy search to see if we have information in which you might be interested.
- Index to Scotland Old Parochical Register
- Midland County Obituary indexes for years 1872 - 1982 compiled by the Midland County Genealogical Society
- Midland Country Michigan Marriage Records 1885 - 1910 (including groom and bride indexes) compiled by the Midland County Genealogical Society)
- Michigan Death Index 1867 -1874, Volumes I - III by Michigan Department Department of Community Health
- A large collection of microfilms which reside permanently at the center
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- A patron has a complete set of births, marriages, and census records in a computer database for the parishes of Llanwenog, Cardiganshire and Pencarreg, Carmarthenshire Wales. Data and searches are available for anyone interested in those parishes. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 5 computers with internet access, 2 printers, 7 microfilm readers, 1 micro scanner / printer, 3 microfich readers
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
- Vital records for Midland County can be obtained from the Midland County Clerk’s Office, 220 West Ellsworth Street, Midland, MI 48640, 989-832-6739, Vital records for Midland County
- Grace A. Dow Memorial Library – Genealogy Section, 1710 St. Andrews, Midland, MI 48640, 989-837-3430, Grace A. Dow Memorial Library – Genealogy Section, the Library has microfilmed copies of Midland newspapers going back to the 1870s. With a library card, you can search online for ancestors by name in Midland newspapers from 1870-1922.
- Midland Genealogical Society, P. O. Box 2421, Midland, MI 48641, Midland Genealogical Society, meetings are held the third Wednesday of the month from September through May
- Midland County Historical Society is an incorporated member group of Midland Center for the Arts, 1801 West St. Andrews, Midland, MI 48640, Administration Office 989-631-5930, Midland County Historical Society
- Sanford Centennial Museum, 2222 Smith Street, Sanford, MI 48657, 989-687-9048, Sanford Centennial Museum
- Seeking Michigan, Seeking Michigan, free online record collection that includes Michigan State death certificates from 1897 through 1920, Michigan State census records 1827-1894, Civil War records, photos, and history of the state.
- Michigan Family History Network – Midland County, Michigan Family History Network – Midland County, free online records that include cemetery data and photos, marriage index, military data including the full 1894 Michigan State Veteran Census, 1883 pensioners, Spanish American War veterans, lists of various vital records gleaned from religious records, local vital records, etc.
- US Gen Web – Midland County, part of the US Gen Web Project, US Gen Web – Midland County, free online records that include military records, maps and plot books, online census records, cemetery records, and online vital statistics.
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)