Minnesota, United States Genealogy
|Minnesota Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Minnesota ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Minnesota became the thirty-second state admitted to the Union on May 11, 1858. Minnesota was created from Minnesota Territory and is located in the Midwestern region of the United States.
Getting Started with Minnesota Research
Links to articles on getting started with Minnesota research.
Minnesota Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Minnesota research.
Minnesota Clickable Map
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Extinct or Renamed Counties: Andy Johnson | Big Sioux | Breckenridge | Buchanan | Davis | Doty | Mahkahta | Manomin | Midway | Monongalia | Newton | Pembina | Pierce | St. Croix | Superior | Toombs | Wahnata
Minnesota Migration Routes
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- Cyndi's List - Minnesota genealogy sites on the internet
- Minnesota Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Minnesota
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Minnesota
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Minnesota genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Minnesota
- Minnesota Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- Wikipedia contributors, "Minnesota " in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota (accessed 15 March 2016).
- St. Croix County covered much of north eastern Minnesota in 1840 and is now an existing county in western Wisconsin. See St. Croix County