Minot North Dakota Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location and Map: Location Map
Address: 3740 Crossing Street SW, Minot ND 58701
- On 37th Ave west of Walmart about 2 miles.
FHC Director: Nolan Bateman - 701-838-8224
- Wednesday: 7:00pm-8:30pm
- Closed 1st weekend in Apr/Oct for General Conference. Closed Christmas and New Years Day weeks.
- Closed if Winter weather is bad, or city closes road travel. (Best to Call first unless you live close by)
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --How to books on geneology, misc local and state infomation
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 2 computers, microfilm and microfiche readers, 1 scanner/printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Learn how to find more unknown family than you thought possible. Its simple.
Resources in the Local Area
- Minot City Library has county history books.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)