Minot North Dakota Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Minot City Library has county history books.
- 7 Links
- 8 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location and Map:
- 3740 Crossing Street SW
- Minot ND 58701 United States
- Follow 37th Ave construction detour sign.
- Nolan Bateman - 1 701-838-8224
- Wed 7:00pm-8:30pm.
- (Best to Call first unless you live close by)
- Closed if Winter weather is bad, or city closes road travel.
- Closed Christmas to New Years. About the same as school off time.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
- How too books on Geneology.
- Minot city directories from 1965-1993 and 1997
- Misc local and State info.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 2 computers, microfilm and microfiche readers, scanner/printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Learn how to find more unknown family than you thought possible. Its simple.
Resources in the Local Area
Minot City Library has county history books.
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)