Mississippi, United States Genealogy
United States Mississippi
|Mississippi Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Mississippi ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Mississippi became the twentieth state admitted to the United States on December 10, 1817. Mississippi was created from Mississippi Territory and is located in the southern region of the United States.
Getting Started with Mississippi Research
Links to articles on getting started with Mississippi research.
Mississippi Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Mississippi research.
Mississippi Clickable Map
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Mississippi Migration Routes
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- Cyndi's List - Mississippi genealogy sites on the internet
- Mississippi Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Mississippi
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Mississippi
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Mississippi genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Mississippi
- Mississippi Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- Wikipedia contributors, "Mississippi" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi (accessed 15 March 2016).