Missouri, United States Genealogy
This article is about the U.S. state of Missouri. For other uses, see Missouri (disambiguation).
United States Missouri
|Missouri Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Missouri ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Missouri became the 20th state admitted to the United States in Dec 10, 1817. Missouri was created from Mississippi Territory and is located in the southeast region of the State. There are 114 counties in the state of Missouri. The State Capital is Jefferson City. 
Getting Started with Missouri Research
Links to articles on getting started with Missouri research.
Missouri Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Missouri research.
Missouri Clickable Map
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Independent City: St. Louis City
Missouri Migration Routes
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- Missouri Digital Heritage - vital records, land records, Civil War records, African-American community records, historical society newsletters, index to newspapers, census and naturalization records, and much more
- 2001-2014 - Currentobituary.com index, 2001-2014 at FamilySearch — index
- Cyndi's List - Missouri genealogy sites on the internet
- Missouri Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Missouri
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Missouri
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Missouri genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Missouri
- Missouri Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- MackleyGenealogy.com: has over 17,000 obituaries for Missouri (particularly the South-East portion) and it's free online. Some obituaries go as far back as 1830. Most of their obituaries are scanned copies of the actual obituary clippings.
- Every Name Index
- Wikipedia contributors, "List of US States by Date of Admission," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_date_of_admission_to_the_Union, accessed 09/18/2016.