Monks House, Northumberland Genealogy

From FamilySearch Wiki
(Redirected from Monks House, Northumberland)
Jump to: navigation, search

England Gotoarrow.png Northumberland Gotoarrow.png Northumberland Parishes

Guide to Monks House, Northumberland ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.

Monks House, Northumberland
Type Extra-parochial
Civil Jurisdictions
Hundred Bamburgh
County Northumberland
Poor Law Union Belford
Registration District Belford
Records begin
Parish registers: For records see surrounding parishes
Bishop's Transcripts: For records see surrounding parishes
Legal Jurisdictions
Probate Court Search the courts of the surrounding parishes
Location of Archive
Northumberland Record Office

Parish History

MONKHOUSE, an extra-parochial place, in the union of Berwick-upon-Tweed, in Islandshire, N. division of Northumberland.[1]

Additional information:

Monks House is an extra parochial place and it is necessary to search neighbouring parish records in Bamburgh. The extra parochial place transferred in 1844 North Durham references in the Durham Bishop’s Transcripts collection 1700-1900

Resources

Church Records

Census Records

Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241358.


Poor Law Unions

Belford Poor Law Union, Northumberland

Probate records

Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Northumberland Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.

Maps and Gazetteers

Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.

Websites

References

  1. Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848). Date accessed: 07 August 2013.