Montrose Colorado Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1521 South Hillcrest Drive, Montrose, Colorado 81401
- Entrance located at the Southeast side (back) of building.
Languages: English and Spanish, by appointment.
- Tuesday: 1:00-4:00 PM
- Wednesday: 1:00-4:00 PM
- Thursday: 1:00-4:00 PM
- Sunday: 10:15 AM - 3:00 PM
- And Evenings, Mornings, and Weekends by appointment.
Holiday Schedule: Closed for Independence Day, Thanksgiving Week, Christmas Day & New Years Day (last two weeks of December)
Calendar and Events
DO YOU NEED HELP WITH YOUR GENEALOGY????
We can assist you with all the new features on Family Tree/Family Search.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU IN THREE WAYS:
1. Come into the Family History Center and let a consultant give you individual attention.
2. Call 970-249-4739 for individualized help.
3. For answers to questions, call the Family History Center at 970-249-4739, leave a message and we will return your call.
PREMIUM WEBSITES includes the following:
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archives
- Access Newspaper Archives
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War:Research Database, Letters and Diaries, Images, Photographs, Posters and Ephemera
- Ancestry. Com
- Find My Past
- Fold3.com (previously known as Footnote.com)
- The Genealogist
- Genline Familyfinder
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest Online
- Historic Map Works Library Edition
- Paper Trail
- World Vital Records
Hardware and Equipment
- Six computers with a printer
- One microfilm reader
- One microfiche reader
- One scanner which patrons may use to digitize documents and pictures while honoring all copyright laws set forth by the United States government.
Staff Research Specialties
We are experienced genealogists and trained temple and family history consultants who will help you search for your ancestors, fix Family Search issues, and show you how to take your names to the Temple.
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Center
We are always looking for volunteers to help staff our center. We welcome all enthusiastic family historians, regardless of experience or expertise. Even if you have no prior experience as a consultant, we can pair you with experienced consultants until you feel comfortable and trained in the consultant role.