Moulton, Suffolk Genealogy
MOULTON (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Newmarket, hundred of Risbridge, W. division of Suffolk, 3½ miles (E. by N.) from Newmarket.
If you live in Suffolk you will have access to a variety of resources at Suffolk Archives and Librarieslocal archives and libraries For those who live further afield, one can access microfilm and online records at Introduction to LDS Family History Centersin the FamilySearch Catalogue for available records.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The England Civil Registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|1813 = Suffolk Marriage Index (1813-37) (findmypast) - (£)|
|BOYD =Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£) |
|FMP = findmypast - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£) |
|Moulton, Suffolk Parish Online Records|
Parish Registers began in the 1500's. They can be viewed at the Suffolk Record Office. There are Bishop Transcripts and Parish Registers that have been filmed for most parishes in the County. See the Suffolk Church Records article for further details.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Suffolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
- 1674 - Moulton 1674 Hearth Tax at Google Books - free.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 353-356. Date accessed: 02 October 2013.
- " _fcksavedurl="https://web.archive.org/web/20140324190856/http://www.findmypast.co.uk/help-and-advice/knowledge-base/parish-records/marriages#suffolkMarriages" 'Suffolk Marriage Index (1813-37) Coverage Find My Past, accessed 9 December 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at 13 .
- 'Suffolk Baptism Index 1538-1911', Find My Past, accessed 5 January 2016.
- " _fcksavedurl="http://www.findmypast.co.uk/national-burial-index-coverage-counties.action 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage Find My Past, accessed 4 December 2013.