Natchitoches is a city in and the parish seat of Natchitoches Parish, Louisiana.
Established in 1714 by Louis Juchereau de St. Denis as part of French Louisiana, the community was named after the Natchitoches Indian tribe. The City of Natchitoches was first incorporated on February 5, 1819. It is the oldest permanent settlement in the Louisiana Purchase.
Records and Resources
- City of Natchitoches official city website
- Natchitoches Convention and Visitors Bureau
- The Steel Magnolia House
- Natchitoches Christmas Festival
- Natchitoches Meat Pie Festival
- Festival of Lights (Natchitoches Christmas Festival)
- Natchitoches Event Center
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Natchitoches
- Natchitoches-based Online Community
- Louisiana Creole Heritage Center