Nauvoo Illinois FamilySearch Center/Local Resources
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Nauvoo Family Search Center|
|1195 Knight Street|
|Mon - Tues: |
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
9:00 am – 8:00 pm
Thus - Sat:
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Other hours available by appointment
Classes & Handouts
Online Film Ordering
Hardware & Equipment
- 15 networked computer workstations with printer access
- 1 paper/copier/scanner. Can scan to USB drive
- 1 microfilm reader
- 1 microfiche/microfilm reader scanner
- 1 open book scanner. Creates searchable text file
- 1 duplex sheet scanner. Creates searchable text file
- Main room has 15 computer stations for hands-on use by class members plus a computer hookups, large screen monitor, and teaching station for the instructor.
- Second room has large screen TV and teaching station for the instructor.
Databases & Software
- Genealogy database software (Ancestral Quest, Family Insight, Family Tree Maker, Legacy, PAF, RootsMagic)
- Charting software (PAF Companion, Legacy Charting)
- Open Office for word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Free access to several subscription sites through the FamilySearch Portal such as Ancestry.com, British Newspapers, Find-My-Past (UK), Footnote, Genline (Swedish), Heritage Quest, World Vital Records and others.
- Free internet access to the New England Historical and Genealogical Society (NEHGS) website
- Research aids such as Animap and Parish Locator
- Research databases such as Acadian-Cajun Family Trees, Australian Vital Records and Mormon Immigration Index.
- American Ancestors - Online Seminars
- Ancestral Quest - Tutorials
- Ancestry.com - Learning Center
- BYU Center for Family History and Genealogy
- FamilySearch - Learning Center
- FamilySearch - Wiki
- Granite Genealogy - Training
- LDS Church Temple & Family History Training - Starting place for Ward Consultants and Priesthood Leaders.
- LDS Church - Youth and Family History Training
- Legacy Family Tree - Training
- RootsMagic Learning Center