Nebraska, United States Genealogy
United States Nebraska
|Nebraska Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Nebraska genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Nebraska is a state in the midwest portion of the United States. It has 93 counties. Nebraska was the 37th State to join the Union on March 1, 1867. The State was formed from the Nebraska Territory. Lincoln is the State Capital. 
Getting Started with Nebraska Research
Links to articles on getting started with United States research.
Nebraska Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in United States research.
Nebraska Clickable Map
Genealogy records are kept on the county level in Nebraska. Click on a county below to go to the Wiki article listing more information.
Nebraska Migration Routes
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records
- Family History Center locator map
- 2001-2014 - Currentobituary.com index, 2001-2014 at FamilySearch — index
- Cyndi's List - Nebraska genealogy sites on the internet
- Nebraska Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Nebraska
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Nebraska
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Nebraska genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Nebraska
- Nebraska Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- O’Bits of Nebraska is an ongoing collection of obituaries, notices of death, and news of tragic deaths printed before 1930. The focus is on newspapers in smaller towns. New items are added each week.
- The Nebraska Library Commission Western Trails web site links to artifacts, books, documents, maps, and photos.
- Every Name Index