Netherlands, Overijssel Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known Issues
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Note to Patrons: Many of the records in the Civil Registrations have files connected to the wrong records. This link: Wegwijzer in de wondere wereld van FamilySearch also known as Genver, contains a list of all the problems that have been reported thus far and the correct location of the desired records. This site is being updated as needed. The information is in Dutch.
Question #1: Why do some record sets include records of a type other than that described in the set title; i.e., births, deaths, marriages, and divorces may be mixed together?
Answer #1: The original records are of mixed type. Birth, marriage and death records are in one book, and in some cases, more than one record type is found on the same page. Not much can be done to resolve that, so the collection was organized with three sets of the same images in numerical order. One set for births, one for deaths and one for marriages. The resulting combination of record sets usually appear alphabetically by type, e.g., Geboorten records appear first, followed by Huwelijken, Overlijden, etc.
Question #2: Misplaced records; where can they be found?
Answer #2: See answers below. If records are available on film; see Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche for instructions.
- Hasslet > Huwelijken 1913-1922 can be found under Hellendoorn > Huwelijken 1913-1922.
- Wijhe > Huwelijksbijlagen. Each of the marriage supplements starting with 1927 are off by one year hence:
- Huwelijksbijlagen 1926—contains the first 20 marriage supplements for 1926
- Huwelijksbijlagen 1927—contains marriage supplements for #21 to the end of 1926 after ignoring the first two images.
- Huwelijksbijlagen 1928-- contains marriage supplements for 1927
- Huwelijksbijlagen 1929-- contains marriage supplements for 1928
- Huwelijksbijlagen 1930-- contains marriage supplements for 1929
- Huwelijksbijlagen 1931-- contains marriage supplements for 1930
- Huwelijksbijlagen 1932-- contains marriage supplements for 1931 up through #27.
Question #3: The following records are missing. Are they available?
Answer #3: See answers below. If records are available on film; see Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche for instructions.
- Dalfsen Geboorten 1863-1872, Two pages are missing between images 54 and 55 and cover records 171-175. Records are missing on both the digitized record and on the original microfilm 429812.
- Den Ham Geboorten 1843-1862 years 1844 and 1850 are missing online. They may be available on film #00429850
Question #4: When searching Overijssel > Deventer > Huwelijken 1913-1922, the images are out of focus. Is there a clearer image available?
Answer #4: The images online are out of focus. The images from the film are out of focus but reported to be more easily readable. The films should be available for ordering to a FamilySearch Center near your home: see Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche for instructions.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Netherlands, Overijssel Province, Civil Registration, 1811-1960 > Denekamp > Huwelijksbijlagen 1831-1835 > Image 115.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Netherlands, Overijssel Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Netherlands, Overijssel Province, Civil Registration, 1811-1960 collection at FamilySearch.org.