Netherlands, Utrecht Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known Issues
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: Many of the records in the Civil Registrations have files connected to the wrong records. This link: Wegwijzer in de wondere wereld van FamilySearch also known as Genver, contains a list of all the problems that have been reported thus far and the correct location of the desired records. This site is being updated as needed. The information is in Dutch.
NOTE: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Article 56000, Using Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records.
NOTE: Most missing records are available on microfilm. See Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche for instructions on ordering microfilm as well as finding a local FamilySearch Center where you can view the films.
Question #1: Sometimes I get a message “Image not Available” for some of the records even when I am signed in. How can I view these records?
Answer #1: Whenever possible, FamilySearch makes images available for all users. However, ultimate rights to view images on our website are granted by the record custodians. FamilySearch is in the process of resolving contracts issues.
Question #2: Some records are missing. Where can they be viewed?
Answer #2: See answers below for information about known missing records and their respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location:
- Amerongen > Geboorten, huwelijken 1883-1892 Tienjarige tafels 1883-1892: Births for 1891 are missing from both the online records and on Film 417918.
- Breukelen-Nijenrode > Geboorten, huwelijken, overlijden, huwelijksbijlagen, huwelijksafkondigingen 1812-1814 Tienjarige tafels 1813-1842 only contains 311 of the 702 images found on Film 121435.
- Hoogland > Geboorten, huwelijken, overlijden, huwelijksbijlagen, huwelijksafkondigingen 1815-1820 only contains 415 of the 728 images found on Film 121493.
Question #3: Why do some record sets include records of a type other than that described in the set title; i.e., births, deaths, marriages, and divorces may be mixed together?
Answer #3: The original records are of mixed type. Birth, marriage and death records are in one book, and in some cases, more than one record type is found on the same page. Not much can be done to resolve that, so the collection was organized with three sets of the same images in numerical order. One set for births, one for deaths and one for marriages. The resulting combination of record sets usually appear alphabetically by type, e.g., Geboorten records appear first, followed by Huwelijken, Overlijden, etc.
Question #4: The Event Type and Year Range (browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #4: The following list of known browse point discrepancies describes the event type or year range that actually exist in this collection:
- Utrecht > Huwelijken 1915-1919 years span should be 1915-1920.
- Woudenberg > Geboorten 1883-1892 Huwelijken 1883-1892 Overlijden 1883-1892 > Images 4-18 of 510 are retakes for Wijk Bij Duurstede.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Netherlands, Utrecht Province, Civil Registration, 1811-1950 > Houten > Huwelijken 1843-1882 > Image 32 of 288.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Netherlands, Utrecht Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Netherlands, Utrecht Province, Civil Registration, 1811-1950 collection at FamilySearch.org.