Overview and Content
WieWasWie is the premier site for Dutch records. Its aim is to provide in one place indexes of all Vital Records and other important genealogical records from the Netherlands.
The site contains 117.3 million records from the following sources:
- Civil Registration (1811-1960): 86.7 million
- Newspaper Records (c.1800-2010): 12.5 million
- Church Records (c.1550-1811): 11.1 million
- Population Registers (1850-1939): 5 million
- VOC Records (1600-1811): 0.8 million
- Military Records (1811-1930): 0.6 million
- Others: 0.6 million
To check if records are available for a certain town, use WatZitErIn. The types of records will be accurate, but the dates may be incorrect (1000-2099 is a common mistake).
Coverage for Large Cities
The information is taken from WatZitErIn.
|'s-Gravenhage (The Hague)||
Features and Cost
For Free, one may search for one person at a time without wildcards. You can access records and images without restriction. You may have a free account and make comments and corrections to records.
For 18.50 Euro per year or 5.00 Euro per month you may use all the features of the site. This includes searching for two persons at one time and using wildcards. Friends of the CBG get a discount.