Nevada, United States Genealogy
United States Nevada
|Nevada Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Nevada genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Nevada is a state in the western portion of the United States. It is divided into 16 counties. Nevada was the 36th State to join the Union on October 31, 1864. It was created from the Nevada Territory. The State Capital is Carson City. 
Getting Started with Nevada Research
Links to articles on getting started with Nevada research.
Nevada Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Nevada research.
Nevada Clickable Map
Genealogy records are kept on the county level in Nevada Click on a county below to go to the Wiki article listing more information.
Many genealogy records are kept at the county level.
Independent Cities: Carson City
Extinct or Renamed Counties: Also other counties having records for Nevada residents.
See also: Previous Jurisdictions to Land in Arizona for further details.
Nevada Migration Routes
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records
- Family History Center locator map
- Cyndi's List - Nevada genealogy sites on the internet
- Wyoming Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Nevada
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Nevada
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Nevada genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Nevada
- Nevada Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- Wikipedia contributors, "List of US States by Date of Admission," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_date_of_admission_to_the_Union, accessed 09/18/2016.