Nevada, Marriage Index (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Nevada, Marriage Index, 1956-2005 .
This Collection will include records from 1956 to 2005.
The collection consists of an index to marriages from the Nevada State Health Division, Office of Vital Records. The index is provided by Ancestry.com.
To see a coverage map of FamilySearch's holdings of Nevada marriages, click here.
The index may include the following information:
- Name of bride and groom
- Marriage date and place
- Name of spouse (May only list surname)
- Reference ID - Page/Volume/Entry/Certificate Number
How to Use the Record
When searching the index it is helpful to know the following:
- The names of the bride and groom
- The marriage place
- The marriage date
Search the Collection
To search this collection by name:
Fill in the requested information on the initial search page. This search will return a list of possible matches. Compare the information about the individuals in the list to what you already know about your ancestors to determine if this is the correct family or person. Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names, or variations of their name, throughout their life.
- If your ancestor used an alias or a nickname, be sure to check for those alternate names.
- Even though these indexes are very accurate they may still contain inaccuracies, such as altered spellings, misinterpretations, and optical character recognition errors if the information was scanned.
For tips about searching on-line collections see the on-line article FamilySearch Search Tips and Tricks.
Using the Information
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. Download a copy of the record, or extract the genealogical information needed. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details. Add this new information to your records of each family. The information may also lead you to other records about your ancestors.
|Don't overlook FHL Keyword Nevada, Marriage Records items in the FamilySearch Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see the wiki article Nevada Archives and Libraries.|
Related Wiki Articles
How You Can Contribute
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citations for This Collection
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information; that is, cite your sources. This will help people find the record again and evaluate the reliability of the source. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records. Citations are available for the collection as a whole and each record or image individually.
- "Nevada, Marriage Index, 1956-2005." Database. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2016. From "Nevada, Marriage Index, 1956-2005." Index. Ancestry.com. www.ancestry.com : 2007. Citing Nevada State Health Division, Carson City, and Clark County Marriage Bureau, Las Vegas.
Record Citation (or citation for the index entry):
|The citation for a record is available with each record in this collection, at the bottom of the record screen. You can search records in this collection by visiting the search page for Nevada, Marriage Index, 1956-2005.|