Nevada Missouri Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Nevada Family History Center is a resource provided to the community to assist in researching individuals personal family history. It provides FREE access to premium websites such as Ancestry.com and assistance from trained staff. Patrons can use provided computers or bring in their own laptop and use the wifi there. It is open on Wednesdays and by appointment.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1101 N Olive St Nevada MO 64772-1238 United States
- Sundays 12-3pm and Wednesdays from 11am-7pm and by appointment
- Holiday Schedule:
- Closed all major holidays and closed the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and Christmas
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events (periodic events will be listed here)
Class Schedule (Classes available for small groups-up to 10-upon request)
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 3 computers
- 2 printers
- 1 scanner
- microfilm/fiche reader/printer
- wifi for users
Staff trained in use of resources and willing to assist others.
Resources in the Local Area
Affiliate of Family History Library in Salt Lake City:
- Nevada Public Library
212 W Walnut
Nevada, MO 64772
Volunteer at the Center
We are happy to have volunteers who are willing to work with computers and assist others in their research. We use Family Search and Ancestry.com heavily and have access to many other resources.
If interested call Kim at 417-448-9569