New Caledonia Genealogy
Pacific New Caledonia
|New Caledonia Wiki Topics|
|New Caledonia Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to New Caledonia ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, parish registers, and military records.
Getting Started with New Caledonia Research
Links to articles on getting started with New Caledonia research.
New Caledonia Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in New Caledonia research.
New Caledonia Map
Genealogy records are kept on the local level in New Caledonia.
Genealogy records are kept on the local level in New Caledonia. Click on a place below to go to the corresponding Wiki article listing more information.
New Caledonia also includes these scattered islands:
- Îles Loyauté [Loyalty Islands] (pop. 22,000)
- Île des Pins [Island of Pines] (pop. 1,800)
- Îles Bélep (pop. 1,000),
- Îles Chesterfield
- Atoll de Huon
- Île Walpole
- Île Matthew (uninhabited; also claimed by Vanuatu)
- Île Hunter (uninhabited; also claimed by Vanuatu)
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records
- Family History Center locator map
- Wikipedia contributors, "New Caledonia," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Caledonia, accessed 25 April 2015.