New Haven Connecticut Family History Center
The Woodbridge Family History Center is dedicated to providing education and support for the family history community in the New Haven area. The Family History Center is open to the public, who are invited to use the resources free of charge. Anyone interested in learning more about their family history, including doing research to find ancestors, is welcome and encouraged to come to the center.Trained volunteers are available during Center hours and by appointment to assist patrons.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 990 Racebrook Rd Woodbridge CT 06525-2543 United States
- In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints meetinghouse.
- Use the side entrance on the left side of the building. It is the only entrance with stairs and handicap ramp.
- 1-203-387-2012 (Family History Center)
- 203-640-2378 (Director's Phone)
Hours of Operation:
Please call center first to make sure it is open
- Sunday: Closed
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday:10:00am-1:00pm and 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Thursday: 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday: 10:00am-1:00pm
- During Inclement weather the center will be closed.
Closed New Years Day: Memorial Day: Independence Day: Labor Day: Thanksgiving Day: Christmas Eve and Christmas Day:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings Held monthly.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog. In the center, we have a large variety of databases on film for the New England States, New York, Germany, Italy, and the British Isles. We also have many films for the Latin American countries, Puerto Rico, Haiti, Canada, France, and Hungary. We also have books of ship manifests, histories of towns and specific familiy histories availble for use at the Center..
- Databases and Software: Pedigree Resource Files, Scottish Records, Freeman Bank Records. We use Open Office which is found on each computer.
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Hardware and Equipment : There are five computers networked to a printer, all available for patron use. We have fourteen film readers including one handicap accessible, and one microfiche readers. There is also one microfilm copier/printer, although we encourage our patrons to bring their cameras and tripods. We also have WiFi, so laptops are welcome.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)