New Jersey County Naturalization Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known Issues
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Article 56000, Using Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records.
NOTE: Most missing records are available on microfilm. See Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche for instructions on ordering microfilm as well as finding a local FamilySearch Center where you can view the films.
Question #1: Some records are missing. Where can they be viewed?
Answer #1: See answers below for information about known missing records and their respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location:
Atlantic > Petitions for naturalization and petition evidence 1921-1922 vol 9, no 1499-1749 is missing the first Film 1509604 Vol. 9 1920-1921 (v. 9 to no. 1693).
Burlington > Naturalization docket 1895-1906 and Naturalization index 1808-1905 can be viewed on Film 1289235.
Cape May Naturalization Records or Petitions for Naturalization that are not available online:
• Naturalization Records Stubs, v 1-3 1907-1912, Film 1854262 Items 5-7
• Naturalization Records Stubs v 3-19 1911 – 1927, Film 1854263-Items 1-17
• Naturalization Records Index: Abbey – Menhennet, Film 1854263 Items 18-19
• Naturalization Records Index Mehennet – Zwilling, Film 1854405
• Naturalization Record volume 4-6 1918-1921 (No. 251-190), Film 1854261
• Naturalization Record vol. 6- 9 1921-1930 (no 491-821) Film 1854262 Items 1-4
• Petitions for naturalization 1924-1929, Film 1862633
Mercer Naturalization Records or Petitions for Naturalization that are not available online:
• Petitions for Naturalization 1749-1810, Film 1022906
• Petitions for naturalization vol. 1 1851-1873, Film 1022908
• Petitions for naturalization and petition evidence 1903-1904 vol 21 (from image 378 to 526) are not available at this time due to contract restrictions.
• Petitions for naturalization and petition evidence 1905-1906 vol 22 are not available at this time due to contract restrictions.
• Naturalization card index 1761-1860, Film 102290
• Naturalization record 1-200, 1761-1860 Abbey – Campbell, Film 1022910
• Naturalization Records 201-601, 1761-1860 Carbine – Harriotts, Film 1022911
• Naturalization Records 602-1041, 1761-1860 Harris-McCann, Film 1022912
• Naturalization Records 1052-1419, 1761-1860 McCardle-Siccard, Film 1022913
• Naturalization Records 1420-1704, 1761-1860 Siddell – Zimmerman, Film 1022914.
Passaic > Naturalization index 1837-1895 are found on Film 1312473, Item 3.
Salem Naturalization Records or Petitions for Naturalization that are not available online:
• Declarations -1923-1929 ( #846-1037 – C14-15), Film 1871180 Items 1-2
• Stubs 1898-1906 (C30,35 - First is minors & second is regular), Film 1871180 Items 3-4
• Petitions, v 1 – 2 1920-1925 (#1-166 – C31, 19-20), Film 1871180 Items 5-7
• Petitions, v. 3-6 1919-1930 (# 167-474 - C20-23), Film 1871181
• Petitions, v.6 1928-1929 (# 475-504 - C30), Film 1871262 Item 1
• Petitions only 1888-1895 (First if for minors - C25-26), Film 1871262 Item 2-3
Question #2: The Event Type and Year Range (browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #2: The following list of known browse point discrepancies describes the event type or year range that actually exist in this collection:
• Gloucester > Petition Evidence records need to be identified as Naturalization Certificate Stub books.
• Morris County Declarations of Intentions 1860-1870 can be found under Hudson County.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: New Jersey, County Naturalization Records, 1749-1986 > Atlantic > Declarations of intention 1883-1891 vol A > Image 55 of 144.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the New Jersey County Naturalization Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the New Jersey, County Naturalization Records, 1749-1986 collection at FamilySearch.org.