New York City New York Family History Center
The New York City FHC located in midtown Manhattan is a small branch of the Salt Lake Family History Library. We have access to their collection of over 2.4 million rolls of microfilmed records. Additionally, patrons can access our ~3000 on-site microfilms and 9 family history subscription websites for free.
Center Contacts and Hours
THE CENTER WILL BE CLOSED NOVEMBER 23 - 26 FOR THANKSGIVING
- 125 Columbus Ave 1st Floor New York NY 10023 United States
- Language: English all hours and Spanish Saturday mornings
- Tuesday: 10am-9:00pm
- Wednesday: 10am - 9:00pm
- Thursday: 10am-9:00pm
- Friday: 10am-6:00pm
- Saturday: 11:00am-6:00pm
Specialized Onsite Help
- Thursdays 10am - 12pm
Hispanic and Puerto Rico
- Wednesdays 3pm - 6pm
Calendar and Events
No upcoming events
Click HERE to register on-line
We have specialized help in African-American genealogy, and Hispanic genealogy. Please call for an appointment.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog
- We have 3000 + films in our permanent collection. To view the list of our permanent collection click here.
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 3 film readers
- 8 computers
- 2 microfilm/microfiche film reader/scanners
- The scanners and film readers can be reserved for up to 2 hours. **To sign up you can email us, call or click here
Additional Online Resources
Volunteer at the Center
Please email us at NY_NewYorkCity@ldsmail.net if you would like to volunteer in the center.