Newchapel Family History Centre, Surrey
|This article describes the services and resources available at a computer-only Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
This is not public Family History Centre and does not have formal opening hours. The nearest Family History Centre open to the public is Crawley Family History Centre,West Sussex
Visitors to the London Temple may have need of this facility and may obtain further details from the office at the Temple or from staff at the reception area of the Accommodation Centre or the Visitors Centre.
The London England Temple is situated at
- London England Temple, West Park Road, Newchapel, Surrey RH7 6HW
- The Temple is open Tuesday-Saturday each week but has closing dates from Monday 6 September 2010 to Monday 20 September inclusive. Also Saturday 2 October 2010 and from Friday 24 December 2010 to Monday 27 December 2010 inclusive.
- Any United Kingdom family history centre may be located at http://www.lds.org.uk/contact-us/ward-locator/search-by-map/
Enquiries may be made to staff at the Reception desk at the Accommodation Centre on 01342 831420 or by fax to 01342 836187
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- This facility has two computers and printers and no other equipment. It is not a public facility and is provided only for guests and residents at the London England Temple who may wish to edit or print family history details.
Staffing and Advice
During opening hours of the London England Temple arrangements for access to this area can be arranged by staff at the temple or at the Accommodation Centre Reception. There are available staff to provide assistance and support to assist with queries. Please enquire at the Temple office for further information.
Resources in the Local Area
Please refer to Crawley Family History Centre,West Sussex
For further information about the London Temple Visitors Centre and Temple Grounds http://www.lds.org.uk/family-and-temples/temples/london-temple/visitors-centre/