Newchurch, Breconshire Genealogy
NEWCHURCH-IN-TÎR-ABBOT, otherwise LLANDULAS, a parish, in the union of Llandovery, hundred of Builth, county of Brecknock, South Wales, 9 miles (N. E.) from Llandovery. The church, a small edifice, was erected in 1716. There is a Sunday school, held by the Calvinistic Methodists.
Newchurch Church is in the Diocese of Swansea and Brecon, in the community of Gladestry in the county of Powys.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849), pp. 255-271. Adapted. Date accessed: 29 January 2014.