Newton, Middlesex Genealogy, Massachusetts
Newton was settled in 1630 and renamed Cambridge in 1638. It was incorporated as a separate town, called Cambridge Villeage in 1688 by renamed Newtown in 1691, however, in 1766 it was offication Newton. It became a city in 1873. To learn more about their history, visit their city website.
Archives and Libraries
Early books: Courtesy of the Newton Free Library
Old East Parish Burying Gound: Contributed by Paul E. Truesdell, Jr. through "Interment.net"
Assessed Poll, Blue Books and City Directories: Courtesy of the Newton Free Library
Land and Property
Historic Maps: Courtesy of the Newton Free Library
Historical High School Year Books: Coutesy of the Newton Free Library