Norfolk Emigration and Immigration
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Norfolk Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
- "In the time of Queen Elizabeth I (1558-1603) a great number of 'strangers' came to Norfolk from Holland and Belgium bringing with them their foreign names."
- "When the Huguenots, the French Protestants, were being driven out of France. Many came to Norfolk. Most Huguenots who came here were well educated and skilled at some important craft. Many were silversmiths."
- "The Ships List" provides information gleaned from the Norwich Mercury, regarding those from Norfolk leaving this area.
- Norfolk's American Connections: Courtesy of the Norfolk County Council
- Derick Mellor, The Glaven Valley: Historical Jottings, booklet (Blakeney, England : 1989) Page 10-11.
- Derick Mellor, The Glaven Valley: Historical Jottings, booklet (Blakeney, England : 1989) Page 10-11