|Norfolk Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
- Textiles production has been a very important activity. The "Norwich Textiles" website provides an overview of this industry in the "City of Norwich".
- Calendar of the freemen of Norwich from 1307 to 1603, (Edward II to Elizabeth inclusive.) This book is a very useful index of occupations that provides clues to some of the present surnames.
- These resources are available in various libraries and the Norfolk Record Office and are not online.
(1) An index of indentures of Norwich apprentices enrolled with the Norwich Assembly, Henry VII-George II.
Volume 29 of Norfolk Record Society, Publications ; 29, Author Winifred M. Rising, Compiled by Winifred M. Rising, Percy Millican, Norfolk Record Society, 1959. Available at the FHL under the call number of 942.61 B4rs v. 29.
(2)The register of the freemen of Norwich, 1548-1713: a transcript, with an introduction, an appendix to those freemen whose apprenticeship indentures are enrolled in the city records, and indexes of names and places, Author Percy Millican, Pub. by authority of the Norwich corporation, Jarrold & Sons, ltd., 1934. Available at the FHL under the call number of 942.61/N1 U2miL.
(3) The freeman of Norwich, 1714-1752: a transcript of the third register Volume 23 of Norfolk Record Society, Norfolk Record Society, Author Percy Millican, Norfolk Record Society, 1952. Available at the FHL under the call number of 942.61 B4rs v. 23.