North Dakota, United States Genealogy
United States North Dakota
|North Dakota Wiki Topics|
|North Dakota Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to North Dakota ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
North Dakota Information
North Dakota is a state in the northern part of the United States. It is divided into 53 counties.
Getting Started with North Dakota Research
Links to articles on getting started with North Dakota research.
North Dakota Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in North Dakota research.
North Dakota Clickable Map
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Extinct or Renamed Counties: Allred | Buffalo | Buford | Burbank | Chippewa | Church | De Smet | Flanery | French | Garfield | Gingras | Howard | Kittson | Sheyenne | Stevens | Villard | Wallace | Wallette | Wynn
North Dakota Migration Routes
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- Search the Department of Health's free online death index.
- Cyndi's List - North Dakota genealogy sites on the internet
- North Dakota Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of North Dakota
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for North Dakota
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for North Dakota genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for North Dakota
- North Dakota Manifests of Immigrant Arrivals, 1910-1952 — index
- North Dakota Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links