Nova Scotia, Canada Genealogy
Canada Nova Scotia
|Nova Scotia Research Topics|
|Nova Scotia Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Nova Scotia ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Nova Scotia Information
Nova Scotia is a peninsula on the east coast of Canada. Settlements in Nova Scotia (the Latin term for "New Scotland") began in 1604. In the 1600s, Nova Scotia was part of Acadia. All of Nova Scotia passed into possession of Great Britain in 1713. The Province of Nova Scotia was formed in 1867, being one of the original four provinces to join the Confederation.
Getting Started with Nova Scotia Research
Links to articles on getting started with Nova Scotia research.
Nova Scotia Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Nova Scotia research.
Nova Scotia Map
- Canadian Pacific Railway
- Halifax Road or Grand Communication Route
- Pier 21
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map