Number 14 Plantation, Maine
Number 14 Plantation is an extinct plantation, now the unorganized territory of Cathance Township in the East Central Washington townships of Washington County, Maine. The Number 14 and 18 Plantation Eastern Division was first organized in 1840, and reorganized as Number 14 Plantation Eastern Division in 1854, 1861, 1895, and 1919. This plantation was disorganized in 1986 and is now the unorganized territory of Number 14 Township (also known as Cathance Township). 
- Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 188 (digital p. 197). A digital version is available via a link in the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Legal History of Number 14 ED, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 14 June 2013).
- SP0234, LD 619, item 1, 124th Maine State Legislature, An Act To Rename Certain Unorganized Townships in Washington County in Maine State Legislature (accessed 14 June 2013).