Oakhurst California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- 59969 School Road, Oakhurst, California 93644 United States
- Wednesday:10:00am-2:00pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
Holiday Schedule:Thanksgiving Week and December 22 through January 5th, 20016.
Closed also during adverse weather that shuts down Hwy 41 at Deadwood:
Calendar and Events
Public Family History class held on the 2nd Tuesday each month at 12:00-1:30 PM from September through May, unless notified differently.
Roots Magic classes are being held on the 2nd Wednesday of every month, one in the morning at 10:30 and one in the evening at 7:PM.
Staff Training Meetings
2nd Tues of every month.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Film: More than 600 rolls of varrious records.
- Census Records
- Microfiche: More than 2500 sets of records
- Access to Ancestry .com, Find My Past.com, My Heritage.com, Fold 3.com, Family Search.org and several more.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal
- Free Internet Affiliate Programs: Ancestery.com, Footnote.com, Alexander Street Press, Heritage Quest, Godfrey Memorial Library, Find my Past.co.uk, Genline.com and many others.
Hardware and Equipment
- 8 Computers
- 2 Microfilm Readers
- Flat Bed Scanner
- desks & tables
- Forms and more!
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)