Olathe Kansas Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Be sure to come by the Olathe Family History Center and learn more about your family roots, you never know what you will find...
- 1.1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 1.2 Calendar and Events
- 1.3 Center Resources
- 1.4 Center Services
- 1.5 Resources in the Local Area
- 1.6 Links
Be sure to come by the Olathe Family History Center and learn more about your family roots, you never know what you will find...
Center Contacts and Hours
- 15915 W 143rd St Olathe Kansas 66062 United States
- We are located across from Prince of Peace Catholic Church.
- The Family History Center door is located on the West side of the church, to the right of the main entrance.
- 1st and 3rd Saturday:10:00am-2:00pm
Holiday Schedule: 2016 closures: April 2; May 28; July 2; Sep 3; Oct 1; Nov 22-26; Dec 20-31
Closed for Thanksgiving: Nov 22-26
Closed for Christmas: Dec 20-31
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- This center has several films and fiche on long term loan, stop by and check out our collection notebook.
Databases and Software
Hardware and Equipment
- Our center has film readers, a printer, computers and other equipment that can be used for your Genealogy needs. Copies cost just 10 cents a page, but if you bring a flash drive you can download your images at no cost.
Staff Research Specialties
Our staff is very helpful and willing to give you a hand with your research.
Resources in the Local Area
The downtown Olathe library has a research room for genealogy use with lots of local flavor. You are not far from the "Midwest Genealogy Center" located at 3440 S. Lee's Summit Rd in Independence, Missouri, www.midwestgenealogycenter.org or (816)252-7228. The National Archives at Kansas City is located at 400 West Pershing Rd in Kansas City, Missouri, www.archives.gov/central-plains/kansas-city or (816)268-8000.