Online Index to Baptisms, 1836-1885, for British Columbia, Canada
This online index from the British Columbia Archives contains information from microfilms of baptismal registries submitted to the Vital Statistics Agency covering the years from 1836 to 1888 and after. Note: only information for persons born over 120 years ago can be released.
- Father's Given Name(s)
- Mother's Given Name(s)
- Baptism Date
Option: search Google.com for keywords Vital Event Indexes British Columbia.
Using the site
- In step 1, in the Event Type section, click the box next to Baptisms
- In step 2, type the name(s) of the person you want to find. You may enter a range of years for the baptism. Baptisms may be dated several or even many years after birth.
- Click Search.
- The Advanced Search allows baptism searches by Event Place, Gender, and by Related Names (parents).
- There is no access to the microfilm rolls of these records. Those interested in viewing original entries should contact the appropriate Church or British Columbia Church Archives.
- To aid your search, you may specify the number of records shown from 5-500 and sort by various criteria, including event place. In some cases, the event place may identify a church.