Oregon, Tillamook County Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Oregon, Tillamook County Records, 1854-1967 .
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Tillamook, Oregon, United States|
|Flag of Oregon|
|Location of Tillamook, Oregon|
|Location of Oregon|
|Record Type||County Records|
- 1 What is in the Collection?
- 2 Collection Content
- 3 What Can this Collection Tell Me?
- 4 How Do I Search the Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing this Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in the Collection?
This collection contains images of Tillamook County records including marriages and land and property records, for the years 1854 to 1967.
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Oregon, Tillamook County Records, 1854-1967.|
To see a coverage map of FamilySearch's holdings of Oregon marriages click here.
What Can this Collection Tell Me?
Land records generally include the following information:
- Names of interested individuals
- Date of transaction
- Monies exchanged
- Description of land
- Name of witnesses
Marriage records generally include the following information:
- Name and age of the groom
- Name and age of the bride
- Date and place of marriage
- Names of witnesses
- Name of the officiator
How Do I Search the Collection?
To begin your search it is helpful to know:
- The name of your ancestor.
- The approximate date of any event.
- The place where the event occurred.
- The name of other family members and their relationships.
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒ Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒ Select "Record Category”
⇒ Select "Record Type, Volume, and Year Range" which takes you to the images.
Look at each image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination. Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
What Do I Do Next?
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details. Add this new information to your records of each family. The information may also lead you to other records about your ancestors. You should also look for leads to other records about your ancestors.
I Found Who I was Looking for, What Now?
- Use the age to calculate the birth date.
- Use the birth date or age along with the residence or place of birth of each partner to find a couple's birth records and parents' names.
- Use the birth date or age along with the residence or place of birth to find the family in census records.
- Use the residence and names to locate church and land records.
- The name of the officiator may be a clue to their religion or area of residence in the county.
- The name of the undertaker, mortuary, or cemetery could lead you to funeral records which often include the names and residences of other family members.
I Can't Find Who I'm Looking for, What Now?
- Check for variant spellings of the surnames.
- Check for an index. There are often indexes created by local genealogical and historical societies.
- Search the indexes and records of nearby counties.
|Don't overlook FHL Keyword Oregon, Tillamook items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see the wiki article Oregon Archives and Libraries. For additional information about this county see the wiki article Tillamook County, Oregon Genealogy.|
Citing this Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- “Oregon, Tillamook County Records, 1854-1967.” Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2016. Citing Tillamook County Recorder. Tillamook County Courthouse. Tillamook, Oregon.
|The image citation is available by clicking on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Oregon, Tillamook County Records, 1854-1967.|
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.