Parker's Company, Virginia Light Artillery
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Completed its organization at Richmond, Virginia, in March 1862.
- It served in S. D. Lee's, E. P. Alexander's, and J. C. Huger's Battalion of Artillery, Army of Northern Virginia.
- The unit was active from Second Manassas to Cold Harbor, then participated in the operations against Petersburg and the Appomattox Campaign.
- It reported 2 casualties at Fredericksburg, one section had 23 men disabled at Chancellorsville, and of the 90 engaged at Gettysburg, twenty percent were killed, wounded, or missing.
- The company was included in the surrender on April 9, 1865, but only 3 members were present.
- Captains J. T. Brown, Jr. and William W. Parker were its commanders.