Pasadena California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Pasadena California Family History Center serves the communities of Pasadena, Arcadia, Monrovia, Duarte, Temple City, Rosemead, Alhambra, South Pasadena, San Gabriel, San Marino, Monterey Park, Altadena, Sierra Madre and parts of several other communities.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 770 N. Sierra Madre Villa Ave & Pasadena, CA 91007 United States
- Exit 210 freeway at Madre/Sierra Madre Villa and go north three and one half blocks(toward mountains).
Closed most major holidays:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: You may order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog using the online ordering system and have them shipped to the Pasadena Family History Center for your use there.
- The Pasadena Family History Center has a nice collection of indefinite loan microfilm covering a broad range of countries and consisting of 800 micrfilm reels in 11 cabinet drawers. We also have thousands of microfiche in 5 cabinet drawers.
- The Pasadena Family History Center has a large collection of books and society journals along on long wall. The collection contains almost 2600 books and journals.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- 2 computer stations have Ancestry World Edition programs on them.
Hardware and Equipment
- 7 computer stations, 11 microfilm readers, 5 fiche readers, 1 film fiche reader/printer, 1 network printer/copier.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)