Paulus, Oslo, Norway Genealogy
Guide to Paulus, Norway ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, and military records
Images of the church books are online at Digitalarkivet.
History of the parish
A Royal resolution July 10, 1874 separated an area bordered by Aker river, Fossveien, Sannergata, the old city limits and Trondheimsveien as Paulus parish.
The borders were changed September 28, 1897 to follow Nordre gata from Aker river, Toftes gate, Helgesens gate, Teglverksgata, Verksgata, Fagerheimsgata, Sannergata and Aker river.
In 1916 the area south of Helgeseng gate was separated as Hauge parish. But in 1938, the area north of Sofienberggata in Hauge parish was once again put in Paulus parish. The rest of Hauge parish was added to Jakob parish. At the same time Lilleborg parish was added to Paulus parish, while the population should belong to Lilleborg chapelry.
Then in 1956, Lilleborg parish was created from part of Paulus parish as well as from other parishes.