Pen-pont, Breconshire Genealogy
PENPONT (PEN-PONT), a hamlet, in the parish of Llanspythid, hundred of Devynock, union and county of Brecknock, 5 miles (W. by N.) from the town of Brecknock. This place, though containing what is called Capel Bettws, is more generally known under the name of Penpont. It is pleasantly situated on the river Usk, near the influx of the Camlais; and on the road from London, through Brecknock, to Milford Haven. The chapel of ease is a very small neat edifice with a cupola at the west end, pleasantly situated close to the turnpike-road, in an extensive cemetery, inclosed within a ring fence, and surrounded with some venerable yews of luxuriant growth, intermixed with other trees.
Also known as Betws Pen Pont. BETTWS PEN PONT, a chapelry in the parish of Llanspyddid, in the county of Brecknock. Brecon is its post town. For more information see Pen-Pont, Breconshire at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849), pp. 308-318. Adapted. Date accessed: 23 January 2014.